The Experience To Help You Fight

  1. Home
  2.  → About

A Former Attorney For The IRS Turned Defense Lawyer

I founded the law office of Ronald F. Hood, Attorney at Law, in 2002 after a 25-year career as a lawyer with the Internal Revenue Service, 7 years as a labor law attorney and 18 years as a tax attorney. Since 2002, I have been in private practice and have been providing clients with experienced and skilled tax law representation. Because IRS tax matters are heard in the federal U.S. Tax Court and not state courts, I am able to represent clients in Cape Cod, throughout Massachusetts and New England, and in every state across the United States.

I Have Experience To Handle Any Tax Issue

I began my career with the IRS in 1977 with the Office of Chief Counsel and worked as a trial attorney for the next 25 years. This gave me extensive trial experience litigating cases in many areas of tax law.

To review my qualifications, follow the link below:

What I Can Do For You

I have in-depth knowledge of a variety of the legal issues that face taxpayers, From tax collection matters and tax appeals to criminal tax investigations and other matters, such as:

  • Offers in compromise
  • Collection due process appeals
  • Tax audits
  • Tax liens and levies
  • Trust fund recovery
  • Preparation of delinquent and corporate tax returns

Because of my experience as an IRS tax law lawyer, I have a keen understanding and insight into how the IRS evaluates, investigates and prosecutes both civil and criminal tax law matters. Handling a civil or criminal tax proceeding is not something you want to do on your own or have an inexperienced attorney handling. Put the knowledge and experience that I gained during my career with the IRS and in private practice to work for you.

Contact A Tax Lawyer Who Will Stand Up To The IRS

If you have been contacted by the IRS regarding tax liability, contact my Cape Cod law firm for a free initial consultation. Request a phone call to schedule a consultation  using my contact form or call me at 508-388-7735 now.