- Taxation Law 100%
Attorney Ronald F. Hood began his legal career with the Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service in 1977. Over the course of the next 25 years, Attorney Hood was a trial attorney who litigated cases in several areas of the law. Attorney Hood represented the IRS in tax law litigation before the U.S. Tax Court, where he had more than 40 of his cases go to trial, of which 15 cases are reported Tax Court decisions in tax law. Attorney Hood was Legal Counsel to the IRS Special Agents (Criminal), working in the entire New England area. He advised the Special Agents in all aspects of criminal tax investigations and reviewed their prosecution reports.
In addition, Attorney Hood represented the IRS in litigation before the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board and in discrimination cases before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. He also represented the IRS in labor law litigation before the Federal Labor Relations Authority and before various arbitrators. Attorney Hood had more than 20 of his cases go to trial in these legal forums.
In 1999, Office of Chief Counsel, IRS attorneys joined the National Treasury Employees' Union as a bargaining unit, and Attorney Hood was the Chapter 253 (Boston) Vice President and Steward for the IRS attorneys and staff in the Boston office from 1999 until September 2002.
Attorney Hood retired from the Office of Chief Counsel, IRS in September 2002, after a very successful career as a trial attorney. He opened his law office in December 2002. Since then Attorney Hood has represented clients who have civil and criminal tax issues before the IRS.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1976
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 1972
- Major: Finance
- Massachusetts, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1977
- U.S. Tax Court, 1984
- Pescosolido v. Commissioner, 91 T.C. No.6, 1988093498
- Dartmouth Clubs Inc. v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 2000-167, 2000359044
- Allen v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1999-385, 1999258931
- London v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1998-346, 1998200228
- Olbres v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1997-437, 1997196925
- Bennett v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1997-145, 1997072773
- Johnson v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1991-645, 1991208104
- Sotiros v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1991-95, 1991047953
- Caruana v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1989-371, 1989111767
- Cosentino v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo 1989-305, 1989094161
- U.S. Army, Intelligence Analyst, Asia and the United States, 1966 to 1969
- National Treasury Employee Union, Chapter 253, Vice President and Steward For IRS District Counsel Attorneys, 1999 to 2002
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Barnstable County Bar Association
- Income Tax Preparation
Current Employment Position
- IRS, Office of Chief Counsel, Senior Trial Attorney, 1977 to 2002